Working with a Practice Partner
It is can be helpful, but it is not mandatory, to work with a practice partner from within our student cohort. If you are interested in this, please send an email to (email@example.com) and your name will be added to the practice partner list. During our first week, the list will be made available according to time zones and we will complete the partner assignment process. Following are some guidelines for this process.
- The people on the list are interested in being ISM Practice Partners during the April 2018 ISM Online Course.
- This is an optional resource and is not required for the formal course.
- If you are interested in working with a Practice Partner, feel free to contact someone from the list of attendees who say they are available to see if they are interested working with you. (It helps to choose someone in your time zone)
- Read Parker Palmer’s Circles of Trust Guidelines and Ed Bastian’s InterSpiritual Discussions Guidelines before meeting with your partner.
- Agree on a time and date – keeping agreements can be a form of spiritual practice of practicing keeping your word to develop honesty and integrity.
- Stick to the agreed upon time frame and get mutual agreement if you both decide to go overtime.
- Set an atmosphere of sacred space by listening to a recording of ISM or simply beginning in silence. Using a timer, lighting a candle and ringing a bell can be helpful.
- Share how the course is going for you and how you are formulating each of the steps in your meditation.